Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just catching up with some photos...



A friend ordered these for a gift to someone who raises goats. The cups are large, and the plates have room for a snack. They are earthenware.



During July I was the featured artist at the Cypress Gallery in Lompoc, which means that I could display whatever I wanted in the front end of the gallery.  I sent press releases w/pics to publications near here, etc. Here are some pictures I took of the show:


Here are my signs, seen through the front window-couldn't avoid the reflection.
.

Same story...
The piece in the middle portrays numbers one through 6, made by loops of clay.


The name of this is "There's always more"; 2 of the pieces move on the rods, so it's interactive. It sold during the show, but the buyer left it up for the duration of the show.

This is titled "Coming or Going?"  The pieces are mounted on 3/4 inch risers.

the east wall in the gallery



 I call this "Something from nothing"; it's about the negative space.  The piece on the right is
"Close one eye and it's you", because the face is a mirror, and the viewer is in the artwork.


I like making these pressmolded leaf pieces- The space for glaze is deep enough to hold a lot of glaze. I pour in one color, then wait until it dries and flakes, then add at least one more glaze. You get a nice variegated effect.



The south wall of the gallery. I meant to go there at night to get better pictures, but didn't get to it.

I had fun making the Welcome sign, but apparently nobody wanted it for their front door. People did enjoy my flattened beach ball.

No comments: