Tuesday, March 13, 2012




Some things from a glaze firing in February:


These are some faux oyster shells for barbecuing oysters. It would never have occurred to me to do this, but a friend asked me to try it...he thought they would be easier to clean than the real shells he was using. I thought they might break, but he tried some test ones I made, and they were fine. I did add grog and kyanite to the stoneware clay body.




Happy Valentine's Day, and I hope it's Valentine's day every day for you!






This bowl is 12" in diameter. It was commissioned as a gift for someone who is getting married on St. Patrick's Day.





I made several bowls with 4-leafed clovers on them, so as to be sure and have a good one. I carved a stamp to use on the bowl below:





Some free-hand clovers on this one.






These are bird-feeders. They fit on a broomstick, or length of pvc. pipe, which you stick in the ground. I made larger versions last year for birdbaths.







No comments: